Dog lovers ....
- are a special race, neither acknowledged by the VDH nor by the F.C.I.
- believe that everybody has got dog baskets in there living room.
- never have a tidy house, but their cages are always totally clean.
- always have a catalogue at hand.
- have children knowing more about "flowers and bees" than some adults being over 40
- drive station wagons, vans and caravans suitable for dogs.
- can never be contacted at the weekend, as they are always at dog exhibitions.
- drive 600 km, spend 200 DM on fuel, pay 150 DM for accommodation and 100 DM for food to win a cup worth 20 DM.
- have children considering "bitch" to be a completely normal word.
- own lush green gardens without having spent a single mark on fertiliser.
- get up at 5 o'clock in order to be at the dogs place at 10 o'clock in their best
clothes. They have however serious difficulties to be at work alert and on time.
- sell their expensive houses in the city to move into an old farmhouse in the country.
- never miss an enrolment for a contest, but always pay their rent 10 days
- talk to other dog owners on the phone for hours in a language that normal people do not understand.
- have parents believing them to have lost their minds.